I was kind of nervous because my first day back to work was on the 4th of July, after 5 days off, so I was kinda dreading it. But it was a surprisingly nice day, kinda slow and quiet, plus getting paid time and a half, allowed me to be okay about being there. John enjoyed a nice BBQ with friends. Since I was not able to make it, I supplied some treats, some cute little mini cupcakes. They look a little cuter than they tasted, I am struggling to find a homemade cupcake recipe that is really moist! If you can help, let me know!
Throughout the day it was gray, gloomy skies and rainy, all day long, I was thinking that the fireworks were cancelled, but amazingly they did not cancel the shows, so no sunny hot days here on the 4th, but cool and gray ones!
After work, John and I met up with some friends for a firework production over a small lake near campus. It was very fun to hang out with family (John's cousins) and friends! We enjoyed the cool night and lovely firework production. The show featured several new types of fireworks that I hadn't seen before. I tried to take a few pics, but the pics do not give justice to the great show.
After the show, it already being quite late, being that it is still light here at 9:30pm, we came home, not to go to bed, but to pull out some fireworks that we had stashed. Yes, fireworks are illegal, but that didn't seem to stop John. We lit off a few, and hid, to watch them explode.
Happy Fourth of July to All!!
9 comments:
Sarah I love all the little treats that you make!
The holidays are always a fun excuse to bake a cake, cookies etc.
Ooh! I'm telling on you guys!! Well don't you worry about the gloomy weather on 4th of July over there, cause I would trade it anyday over feeling like I am what is being bbqed. I know it's only been two years that I was in CA, but I don't remember AZ being this hot!
Uh I feel awkward giving you baking advice, but have you ever tried adding sourcream to your cupcakes? I know it sounds gross, but it works at least when I add it to cake mix (are you kidding!?!I don't make from scratch) but it's worth a try.
Well your cupcakes tasted just fine because they were the hit of the dessert table. They were quickly devoured by everyone, especially Savannah and Caroline. I think they each had at least 8. It's always a good sign when you bring something to a potluck and come home with an empty plate. We missed you at the bbq, but I'm glad you were earning time and a half and still got to watch fireworks.
what the heck, john freaking taylor! i cannot believe the people i run into on blogspot. i can't believe you married jessika's little sis! that is crazy! you look so cute together, and looks like y'all are having a ton of fun out there! i am so jealous you're in NY, my favorite state! sarah, you are super handy girl!
take care,
allie payne-jones
K Sarah, you need to dish out some of your recipes so I can learn how to make all of that good stuff! I love homemade jam, so if it turned out yum, then let me know. You guys look like you're havin so much fun out in ol Buff Buff, don't forget to call me when you guys are down so we can have a girls night! jacque
i would tell you how the cupcakes were but i didn't get any they were so popular. i wouldn't be suprised if caroline had a tummy ache that night she ate so many. haha. we missed you but it was fun hanging out on thursay!!
Funniest thing ever Sarah! Do you support a "good side" when taking pictures because I just noticed that you are almost ALWAYS on John's right (or for us looking at the picture on the left) side! I personally think that you look hot on BOTH sides!!! Why are you guys so cute anyways!?! We miss you! Are you coming home anytime soon? I heard that John is this month, are you?
Ha ha, we just found ou guys on here. We have finally decided to join the world of blogging! Brian's always like what the heck, I don't know any of these people on our blog! So i thought he'd be excited to know some of his long lost buddies are bloggers as well. How are you guys? We haven't seen you since our run-in at Bajio! Check out our blog! www.jessica-knight.blogspot.com
Post a Comment