4.08.2007

Easter Time

Happy Easter to Everyone. I hope you all had a wonderful day. I will share about our easter. First of all, ours came a little early. We celebrated easter on Saturday due to my wonderful work schedule which I had to work today. Saturday morning we woke up to the journey of finding our easter baskets. Late friday night, we took string and mazed it through the house, leading to the baskets. John had the family room and basement, and I had our guest room and kitchen! So saturday morning, following the string through the house until we found our baskets!! I know kinda a bit much since it is just John and I, but we like to go all out and start traditions now!! I found my basket in the basement, and John's was under the kitchen sink.


Starting our search following the string!!

After the baskets, were explored, it was time for breakfast, which I made omelets and some homemade sweet orange rolls which were delicious!! I tried a new recipe and we were not disappointed at all!!

Yummy Yummy!!
That morning it was a primary activity day, and John had a role of playing the blind man that Jesus healed, so I went for moral support, and to make sure his costume remained intact!

Later in the day, we finshed off the easter traditions with the easter egg hunt. JOhn hid some for me, and I for John. John says he is not a HUGE fan of the easter egg hunt, because it reminds him of when he is looking for his lost keys which is way too often. Anyway, the hunt was successful and no hard boiled eggs went missing, so that is a good thing!


( No fair, I can't even reach that!!)
Easter dinner was a success as well, John set up the romantic table setting, and I in the kitchen prepared the following easter menu- Ritas holiday baked ham, homemade creamy au gratin potatoes, spinach and strawberry salad, steamed asparagus, warm rolls. And some yummy carrot cake, which stayed on the platter because we were too full!! Such a great night!
We sat and shared our thoughts on Easter, looking through a book I have entitled He Lives which is full of beautiful pictures of the Savior by Simon Dewey, and I gave a fun easter lesson explaining the easter story ( with 12 eggs with an object in each one describing something that happened in Jesus' life.) It was a great day to spend together!
Today which really was Easter, did not even feel like it, kinda sad I know, but being at work, I didn't realize it. The easter bunny came by, and even delivered a stuffed bunny to me! It was a slow day which is nice since it was easter. John was lucky enough to have two easter dinners, because our friends, Tyler and Rachel invited him over. I love holidays, and we had a great easter. Now onto hopefully some sunshine and summertime, that will be a cause for celebration!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you two had such a great Easter. Those orange rolls look way too good. I would love to get the recipe from you. Sarah you are amazing! I need to learn from you..you are such a gourmet cook! We miss you guys!

steph said...

Fun easter. You guys are too cute. Looks like John got some good stuff in his basket! haha

Amy said...

Hi John and Sarah! This is your cousin Amy Lamjav. Chantel gave me your link and I thought I would say hi. Looks like you are well. Congrats on getting a job Sarah. We have a blog page as well. I'd love to invite you. We have it closed to only people we want seeing it. So give me your e-mail address and I will invite you. My e-mail is amyjocongo@yahoo.com Good luck with the rest of the school year John!
love you guys.
Amy

kristenita said...

you guys are so good with the tradition-starting! that dinner sounded SO delicious & I want one of those orange rolls!! yummy.

john, no fair hiding an egg so out of reach - but good hiding spot!

Carrie Loren Leah said...

Was John in the Easter Pagaent with us??

Followers