1.21.2008

Happy MLK Day!

This might be a miracle to some, today is Martin Luther King Day and John is off of school and I was off of work too! WOW! This is a rare occasion, so we had to celebrate. John and I took some time to go out together today. We went out to eat at our favorite Mexican restaurant La Tolteca and enjoyed some yummy food, then ran to Target for some quick shopping, and off to our movie. We went and saw Juno. John and I both enjoyed it. It was a cute show, and had quick witty humor. When we came out of the movie, we looked outside and all we could see was white! Yes, it had begun, a nice little lake effect snow greeted us, so a 5 minute drive home ended up being a 30 minute drive. Gotta love Buffalo!
Last Thursday, we had our monthly book club meeting over at our house, the Book this month was These is my words. I must admit we definitely enjoyed the night, talked and ate, but not about the book, just about life! I always love getting together with the girls whether we chat about books, or whatever! (sorry Briste, we took this picture after you left!)

Friday and Saturday I had to work, but while I was hard at work John made sure he did not just sit around! Friday night he joined friends and enjoyed some Pizza with the Ashworth's and Kristen( Aaron was gone too, so John and Kristen were a cute little date). Saturday morning it had snowed several inches so John went out with several of our friends and did some sledding! It sounded like tons of fun, and sorry for not having any pictures but John does not remember the camera when I am not there to remind him!
Luckily I had Sunday off, we enjoyed church for our second week attending sunday school and relief society/priesthood! I know, we have been here for a year and a half, but first we were in Nursery and then Primary, so we are new to being around adults! That afternoon we had a few people over to watch some football. Briste and I made some food, and we all enjoyed watching the game and talking!
Briste and of course Lexi!
Everyone just chillin! We missed Glen and Toran, sorry not in the pic!
I hope everyone had a great holiday!

I must be working too hard! One day after a hard run at the gym, I looked down and saw I was bleeding, and in my brand new shoes!

Each week it is something new! This week it was the Gotee!

4 comments:

Rachel and Tyler said...

It looks like you guys have been busy. we wish you could have gone sledding with us.

Tiffany said...

Hey Sarah, Its me, Tiffany Horn (Ivers). I love your blog, it looks like you guys are doing really good up in NY. I'd love to send you an invitation to my blog, just email me, tiffanyivers@gmail.com

kristenita said...

bloody feet. another reason I don't run!

Melissa said...

I'm in the beg. of These is My Words... what did you think?

Followers