A HUGE merry christmas to all, from the reindeer and santa from our home. I hope everyone had a great Christmas.
John successfully finished school a few days before Christmas and the whole break was so nice to relax with my husband with NO dental school. We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve. The night before we opened up our 1 surprise present, always pj's! All the girls in the family got matching pink ones, and the boys got matching ones too!
Then we had our annual sleepover under the tree. The next morning we woke up to our wonderful presents! I believe this was our first white Christmas, we woke up, looked out our window and saw beautiful white snow!
We were each blessed with so many generous gifts from our family! I recieved pj's, a few nice winter jackets, cookbooks, clothes, and John and I recieved nice bikes from my parents. Now we just need to wait for the weather to warm up so we can go riding!
John said he felt like an old man, because we was happy getting nice dress shirts and ties! We enjoyed the day and the season! Later that day we joined our friends for the Ugly sweater Chrismtas party! We ate, talked, played some games, and made some gift boxes in which we delivered them to less priviledged homes!
We also enjoyed celebrating Christmas in our primary class. I made a Santa cake, please don't judge the frosting job, i did it in like 15 minutes! We have really enjoyed our Sunbeam class and always enjoy the spirit they bring to our lives!
John and I with a few of our kids!
Since I had to work on Christmas day, and I had the opportunity to go home earlier in December, John went home for a few days. I stayed here and worked a few days while he went home. John had a great time at home in AZ, spending Christmas with his family, and doing a few fun things while he was there!
Midday hike with family, friends, and dogs! (look closely)
John and his little brother Jordan! Just looking at these beautiful pictures of beautiful AZ, makes me miss home!
John and his mother and brother also enjoyed cheering on the Phoenix Suns!
To celebrate our Anniversary (a little late) we spent our time on a little get away! We headed up to our nearby friends in Canada, to Niagara on the Lake. We spent the night in a beautiful bed and breakfast home, we had a beautiful room, our own fireplace, and a jacuzzi tub! We had a nice dinner, and that night relaxed in our room, by the fire and enjoyed the jacuzzi tub!! The next morning we were spoiled with a wonderful home cooked meal! The house was beautiful, and we enjoyed our get away! Niagara on the lake is a beautiful little town, cute little shops, snowy, and such a nice relaxing way to spend our anniversary!
We enjoyed every day of our holiday break! Going to work was so hard knowing I was leaving John at home. We relaxed, slept in, had breakfast in bed, went shopping, John helped me clean, and go grocery shopping! I am totally bummed that school has to start again!
John and I celebrated New Years over with our good friends, Glen and Christy Ashworth! We all had yummy treats, and enjoyed playing a fun movie dvd game! We had a great night ringing in the new year, all the way until 3 in the morning!! If we look tired and exhusted, it is because we are, this was taken at 3!!
We hope that everyone had a great holiday season, and an even better new year!
Now it is time to shift gears, its back to school time! Yes, for me too, today is the first day of school, John back to the dental lab and me starting my online program! So far, so good I know its the first day, but I am really impressed, audio lectures and powerpoints online! I am actually excited!
WOW, what a post, I know. I will be better at updating the blog as events happen and not once a month!!
5 comments:
You are so amazing! A decorated cake for Sunbeams, WOW! I love how you have all these traditions going. You are both going to be awesome parents.
-kashann
looks like you guys had so much fun, even if you had to take turns going back home.
sweet anniversary! aaron & I love going to b&bs - such a great getaway, huh?!
good luck with school this semester (fun to do it online & never have to scrape snow off your car to get to class)!
What a fun month you two have had! That bed and breakfast looks/sounds AMAZING!! I loved the 'Ugly Sweater" party... that is hilarious! It's so fun catching up with you and your hubby out there on the east coast. You're adorable Sarah and good luck in school to the both of you! :)
I recognize that mountain John went hiking on... that's right behind my parents house. ahh.. makes me miss warm weather. Love the ugly sweaters. I think we might have to have a party like that in the future.
It's so funny that you two were both here in AZ...at seperate times! I guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles! Happy new year and good luck getting back into the groove of school. P.S. this is Carly.
Post a Comment