11.25.2007

Back at Home

Well, this week was quite a nice week for many reasons. It was thanksgiving, in which John and I were able to take some time and ponder of all of our many blessings. On Tuesday we began Housesitting/Dogsitting for a couple in our ward. We were staying at their house all week. They have a nice house which is quite different from our home, we felt like we were kids playing house. John had a nice long weekend away from school so we were able to spend some time together which I enjoyed so much. I fortunately did not have to work Thanksgiving (yeah, the first and the last holiday I will not work), yes I have to work Christmas and New Year's Day! (Thanks for reminding me.) So John and I slept in, we watched some of the Macy's day Parade, we enjoyed the spirit of Thanksgiving while snowflakes were falling outside. We spent Thanksgiving dinner with some friends, The Hassell's, and the Casper's over at the Hassell's Aunt and Uncle's home. Dinner was delicious, there was so much yummy food, and the company was great. It was nice to be among great friends. We sat around and talked and played some games.
Post Thanksgiving feast. Playing a game!
John carrying around a few girls. They were all over, look one on each leg!
The whole group on Thanksgiving!
That night John and I relaxed on the couch and tried to help our ASU devils to a victory but the Devils lost. We went out and enjoyed some pumpkin pie and ice cream that night as a little nighttime snack. I am grateful for so many things in my life. I will not bore you with the list but just to name a few. . . . I am thankful for first and foremost the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and all the blessings that it brings. I am thankful for my wonderful Husband, and my family far far away. I am thankful that John and I have this opportunity to be out here in Buffalo, for John to be in school and for me to be working, and for all of the growth and opportunity this experience has brought. I am thankful for the moments of peace and comfort in my life when I take the time to sit back and remember what is really important. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!
I had to work Friday so I was not part in the billions of dollars spent on black Friday. That night after work I came out to a NOT working civic. John had taken the Maxima in that day for a few repairs, and now the civic! I swear our cars have not adjusted to the Move to Buffalo, I think they are telling us they want to go back to AZ! So John and Glen came and picked up from work. I will just tell you this much, I have never realized how frustrating it is to not have a working car! Anyway, that night John and I spent the night with our dear friends Christy and Glen Ashworth. We chatted, we were fed, we enjoyed some wonderful homemade rich hot chocolate, and we played the LOST boardgame, or attempted to at least! We had such a fun night, which explains us not getting home until 3am!!

On Saturday besides trying to catch up on some sleep, John and I had to postpone our planned temple trip due to our vechicle situation. We really hope to go within the next few weeks. John and I moved back to our little home. I started to kinda miss it, so it was nice to be back. We ran to the mall to look at video cameras, which is on our Christmas list.

We did not do anymore shopping because a Saturday night at the mall is crazy! That night John and I along with several other couples went over to our friends Megan and Bron's home for some games! We played Encore, Guesstures and one of John's favorites Mafia. We had so much fun, that we stayed late again. We did not get home until 1:30 am. It was a great long Thanksgiving weekend.
At church today John was a member of eight guys who sung a special musical number in sacrament. He did great,( his first performance in sacrament) they sang Brightly Beams our Father's Mercy. The rest of our Sabbath day has been so nice. Now that Thanksgiving is done, Christmas is almost here, and I am so not ready. It will come so fast, and I want to spend so much time enjoying the season and not running around like crazy. I better get going so I can try to go to bed early tonight unlike the past two!!

2 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Hi Sarah! Cute blog... I saw your link on Jessika's and I thought I would drop in and say hello! I love your Christmas projects, that topiary is WAY cute. Looks like you two are having a blast in NY!! I am going to try your pork recipe... it looks yummy!

-Alissa (Madsen) Peterson :)

brentandkashann said...

My girls really enjoyed being spotlighted! I don't even remember seeing them all hanging on him like that. He is so funny with kids. They love him.-kashann

Followers