11.19.2007

AMAZING pork in slow cooker

Recipe Monday!!
I made this for Sunday dinner and it is so so yummy. The pork just shreds and falls apart so easily. It melts in your mouth! All from doing nothing all day, beware you will smell it in your slow cooker, tempting you!! Enjoy!
1 (2 pound) pork tenderloin
1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1 cup water
3/4 cup apple juice
3 tablespoons minced garlic
3 tablespoons soy sauce
freshly ground black pepper to taste
Place pork tenderloin in a slow cooker with the contents of the soup packet. Pour water, juice, and soy sauce over the top, turning the pork to coat. Carefully spread garlic over the pork, leaving as much on top of the roast during cooking as possible. Sprinkle with pepper, cover, and cook on low setting for 8 hours. Serve with cooking liquid on the side as au jus.

Happy FHE everyone!!

4 comments:

kristenita said...

that is just like my pork tenderloin recipe, but it called for red wine instead of apple juice - really tasty with purple grape juice. also really tasty with the pre-marinated tenderloin (honey mustard). DELISH! it really does fall apart with your fork.

Carrie Loren Leah said...

Sarah... we are somehow spiritually connected! I totally made pork the other day in my slow cooker! BUT I wish I would have had this recipe because it sounds much better than what I did! So Ill have to try again. Im sure Loren wont mind! Pork is so yummy! ps are you guys coming back for Christmas at all??

Unknown said...

John... that recipe is the same one they have posted at JOES BBQ.. which means I know you loved it. P.S. wink wink about the you know what.(you just said GAY)

RegaNater said...

Ok so my comment is not about this recipe, but instead, I can't tell you how hard I laughed the other day while reading you wedding post. Don't get the wrong idea, it was beautiful, but the reason being is that if you zoom in on the reception pics, there are some classic by standers. If you are really in for a laugh, play this fun game, it's like Where's Waldo, but instead, Where's Heather. Yes, she made it into the back ground of three of your wedding pics. One in particular is very tricky to find, but look closely when you find it, you will die laughing!
Heather, I freaking love you!

Followers