5.19.2007

Fun in the Sun!!

Friday afternoon, after John was done with school, we headed off to the beach. The lake beach that is, thankfully we will be able to enjoy the ocean beach later in the summer. Beaver Island state park is really beautiful, trees everywhere, green grass, cool breeze. It was so nice. John and I enjoyed a relaxing afternoon on the sand. It was not too hot out, but just right. We brought out a kite( one that we have had for a while but have never flown), a picnic lunch, blankets, and bocce ball. ( I believe I forgot to tell you that John won an ebay auction for the bocce ball set, I had never played before,but its pretty fun).
We enjoyed flying the kite. It was a little windy out so we were able to get the kite up, however, we were not too good at keeping the kite up. We were amateurs, we can not remember the last time we flew a kite. Kite flying is quite a workout, we were running back and forth in the sand, trying to get the kite to soar!! We enjoyed the suns rays, had lunch, feeding the flock of seagulls, and relaxed. We had a great afternoon. Here a few pictures that captured the day!!







After our day at the beach. I was lucky enough to try out the kitchen aid! And I absolutely love it. My hand mixer is going in the back of my comboards only for emergency use. I can not believe I have managed this long without one because they are so so great. I love it. I tried out a recipe that came in the pamplet, titled Lemon cream cheese bars, they are like lemon bars, with a little cream cheesy layer inthe middle, they not only turned out fantastic, but it was so fun making them. The mixer is so nice, I can walk away while it is mixing. Oh, so nice! Well, I could go on and on about everything about it, but I will spare you all.

Our day however did not end as good as it begun, with the poor suns losing. I even wore my lucky suns playoff shirt, and John wore his hat. Even with our hope and lucky appearall, the suns could not pull away with a W!! We were so bummed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wyatt and I love Bocce Ball and even have our own set! Fun!!! We are going to have to take you guys when we move to Cleveland.

Followers