4.27.2008

New Step

Baby Sarah

Baby John

Growing up


Getting Married

Now its our turn to start our family.

We will have a new baby joining our family November 17th.
We are very excited for this HUGE change in our lives!

So how have the past 11 weeks changed since I have been pregnant?
1- All my life I have been a morning person. Waking up at 7am with John on my days off was a normal possible thing I would do. I could never really sleep in unless I was sick. Well now I can easily sleep into 10am everyday I have off!
2- Nausea that comes and goes. I am not going to complain because my nauseousness is nothing compared to what many women go through. I am lucky enough to have not thrown up, and I am able to get up and go to work and get out of bed, but it is still quite a difference always feeling LIKE you are going to throw up.
3- CRAZY dreams- WOW. Before I was pregnant I could never remember my dreams(if I had them), not now. Each morning I wake up telling John about my crazy dream. Flying dreams, John in a musical, Pregnant in high school, monsters at work just to name a few!
4-Going pee all the time. And not only that but my ability to hold my pee is non existent. As soon as I get the urge I have to go THEN or else I am in trouble! And I would never wake up at night, and now I do for a nightly trip to the toilet.
5-I swear my stomach is growing, my rib cage is more round, and my stomach is bloated ALL the time. I can not suck in my belly, and I swear it is sticking out! But my clothes still fit so that is a good sign!
6- Food aversions and cravings. Every day at work I would make myself a nice salad, well not now. I swear my vegetable intake has decreased rapidly because I cannot eat salads like that. I can eat salads that other people make and at restaurants but not my own! Now onto cravings: I don't really know if I have any cravings yet, not a whole lot of things sound good, but whenever I see a pizza commercial on TV I want pizza so bad, so I think this might be a craving although I have not given in . . . .yet.
7- Fantasy's. Okay this might be a little too much information for you, but I must say my new crush, or obsession, is David Cook from American Idol! I guess this crush began a few weeks back when he was the focus of a dream. Now I spend a little time watching him online over and over. So needless to say, Tuesday and Wednesday nights I am staring at the TV.
8-An unstable emotional roller coaster! Angry, funny, hyper, sad, crying, happy, all in a matter of minutes! Sometimes I don't know what is going on, and I just have to excuse myself and baby until we get it together!
9- Menu planning and cooking plans. I love to make a menu, go shopping, meal plan, prep and cook dinners, but now nothing on my weekly menu sounds good. So I don't know what to make, we end up doing something that is not even on the list, or going and grabbing something!
10- PURE JOY and EXCITEMENT! That pretty much sums it up!

21 comments:

kristenita said...

yahoo!
that is the cutest dress by the way!

I craved anything and anything with HOT MELTED CHEESE on it. mcdonalds double cheeseburgers, mac n'cheese, pizza, etc. (great for the baby, I know!) and I had the same nausea - yucky & the worst at night (night sickness?)... it will get better!

your #7 cracked me up because when I first read it I thought you typed out our friend David C****k (steph's husband)! ha ha - now that would have been bold to put on your blog!

CONGRATS, again!

Tiffany said...

Wow! Congratulations to both of you guys!! That is such exciting news! You will both be great parents and I am so happy for you guys! :)

Missy said...

HOORAY!!! Congratulations guys! We're so excited for you. I'll be checking your blog often for the updates! YAY!!

And by the way, TIFFANY! How do you know Sarah and John? Tiffany is my cousin! That is so random!

Unknown said...

Yeah!!! We are so excited for you guys. You are going to be the best parents. And you are only a month behind us. I hope you have a little boy so he can grow up with our new little one. Congrats! Congrats! We couldn't be happier for you two. Now we will be looking forward to seeing Sarah's belly on web cam!!!

Tiffany said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys!

Rachel and Tyler said...

We are so excited for you guys! I love hearing about other peoples pregnant experiences, they are always crazy and unique. We should have an American Idol party soometime!

kandis said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys!!

rachel lee said...

Congratu freakin lations! HAHA. So happy for you guys...

Langdon & Heather said...

DUDE FFA for life...literally. I'm stoked that we are going to be parents together!! Seriously the coolest congratulations!

Peterson Family said...

Congrats to you both!! That is so exciting! There is nothing like being pregnant for the first time, live it up!! :) I am SO glad to hear that you haven't been too sick, that is great news. I hope that all goes well with the rest of your pregnancy and congrats again! :)

-alissa

Sarah said...

we're happy for you both. My birthday is Nov. 16. We'll have to get together really soon.

Dick&Erica said...

hooray! isn't it crazy how the minute you get pregnant, your body just goes nuts?! It's so weird how much is affected...things you never even think of, like your dreaming. We are so excited for you.

Crescent said...

So now I have to admit that I have been following the link from Bron & Megan's page to check out your blog....but I had to say CONGRATS!! And you have the MOST perfect due date EVER...that was the exact day that Maia was due...too bad she didn't really come until the 21st! I am so happy for you guys!

Max & McKinzi Hall said...

Congratulations! You guys are gonna make the cutest baby ever! I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to see more updates!

laura said...

Congrats! You two will be great parents. Enjoy every minute and record every feeling because it goes by so fast!

Melissa said...

oh wow! That is so great! Congrats! You guys will be some fantastic parents. And seeing as how you work at the hospital, you will get 5 star treatment come delivery time. :) Congrats again!

RegaNater said...

Congrats you two!!!!

I'm starting to feel a lot of pressure over here! With almost ALL of my friends being pregnant. Nate and I better get things rolling.

Michelle Glauser said...

Your baby is going to be darling! Congrats!

Randee Mecham said...

Congrats! You guys have so much to look forward to! The first ultra sound, finding out if it's a girl or boy, picking a name, decorating a nursery,feeling sick- but you're happy about it b/c it means you get to be a mom. So many great things!
I am in the phase where you can actually see my stomach moving when she kicks, its so crazy!

The Reebs' said...

Hey Hey, I am sooooo excited for you two! I couldn't remember if I congratulated you yet cause I feel like every one of my girlfriends has a bun in the oven...what a lucky kid he/she will be. Im just going to put in my bet right now, Im thinkin it will be a boy. Maybe cause of Langdon and Heather and Wyatt and Jenny, but I say boy! You will be the cutest mom Sarah, can't wait!

Unknown said...

Yea!
Huge congrats to you two!
Love that David Cook made the list!!!
Yea for AI!!

Followers