2.28.2008

Thanks for bringing the SUN!

This past week has been filled with family love. My mother and father came in from Arizona, my dad stayed the weekend and my mom stayed for a week. It happened to be perfect timing, I had the week off from work, and John happens to be the busiest ever this week, with tons of tests and practicals, so I had someone to keep me from bothering John. Oh, by the way thanks for bringing the sun with you, now my parents won't believe me when I say Buffalo is gray, gloomy, and depressing. It was sunny the whole time they were here!
The week was filled with tons of fun, we were non-stop busy even without any sightseeing. Here are a few things that kept us busy throughout the past week.
* We showed off where John and I spend our time when not with each other. School at his dental lab station, and me at my hsopital.

* Enjoying yummy food, at the Original Pancake house, Schwabl's- known for it's roast beef, and the delicious Hutch's
Beef on Weck= John renamed it "hypertension on a bun!"
The wonderful Fam at Hutch's. (great place for celebrating, warning: $50 steaks, but oh, so delicious)
* My dad soaked up with weather and the cold days by shoveling snow!

* Enjoyed the wonderful Wegman's- frequent shopping trips, yummy food, and its all so convenient!

* John and I beginning our daily ritual of RELIV. Great products!
*After my dad left, my mom and I enjoyed our mother daughter bonding time.
Tons of movies: The bucket List, and 27 dresses(my new favorite movie, and what a hottie!), Music and Lyrics, and Evan Almighty!

* We finally went out and got my Christmas present, a new sewing machine! yeah, I hemmed some pants, and finally made some headbands!
* We organized my kitchen, and made several freezer meals. It feels so good, after a hard days work I can come home, and enjoy a yummy meal! Thanks mom!


* And how can I forget, some yummy treats too! Our little homemade chocolate cups with fresh fruit!

*Pampering ourselves at home, parafin wax, sugar scrubs, pedicures and manicures! And we also enjoyed massages at the local school! ( Highly recommend the massage school, 35 bucks for an hour!)

* And of course, we did some shopping! Only bargains, so we don't feel bad!
Jackets $68 down to $6.99. Just as an example!

* John and Mom checking for plaque!

I am so thankful for my wonderful family and for the time we spent together this past week. Thank you Mom and Dad for EVERYTHING!

PS- And how can I forget, John's new game! Volleyball Intermurals, his first game they came home with a "W"! Great job!

4 comments:

kristenita said...

wow! you guys were BUSY! looks like a great visit... and yes -

dear sarah's parents,
you lucked out on SUNNY weather. thank you SO MUCH for bringing it with you for a week from arizona. but couldn't you have left it here a while longer? glad you guys had a fun trip "back east."
:)

Rachel and Tyler said...

Looks like fun! makes me excited to see my family!

Sarah said...

Don't you just love Moms!! Seeing your pantry reminded me of this awesome blog I recently came across: http://www.theperfectpantry.com/

Every Sunday they feature a peak into someone's pantry!!

You are such an awesome baker and cook! You'll have to give me some pointers some time and you NEED to come over and meet Jacob!!!

kristenita said...

oh yeah and what a CUTE BOY that was in 27 dresses. hello!!

Followers