2.17.2008

Valentine's Weekend!

Yes, John and I love each other and are very happy together, but NO we did not celebrate Valentine's day!
We are going on a vacation over Spring break, so that will be our Valentine celebration, plus I had to work on Valentine's day, plus we had a visitor with us for the weekend. Jon Barnes came out from Arizona to interview at the Dental school, so we got to hang out and play all weekend. (we missed his wife Kara, hopefully we will see them next fall)
Friday night we enjoyed a wonderful night out. Our first stop was at the ward valentine party, there were a few games, and a few people! ( yes surprisingly, there were not very many people).
Acting cool at the ward party!
Our next stop was out to dinner with some friends, we had to show some Non-buffalo-ians some yummy wings! So we went to DUFFS.
Outside of DUFF's
We went with our friends Bron and Megan, and another couple Rachel and Doug(who are out here looking for housing for next year- he is going to come here for dental school). The wings were super yummy, and lots of fun!

After enjoying some wings, we went over to Bron and Megan's house and watched Bron WIN on the Price is Right. Not only did he get called up, but he was actually a winner ( a new car, and scooter!) when he was just 18! We had a fun night!
Saturday while I worked, John and Jon hung out and enjoyed Buffalo, and that night we showed off the best grocery store, my favorite. . . . Wegman's. We enjoyed some yummy sub sandwiches and tons of soda that night, and we relaxed in our PJ's.
What a BAR, look at all those bottles!
Sunday the weekend died down, Jon is back off to AZ ( I wish I could go with him), and we are back to life. Lots to do here with FUN work and school! Plus later this week, my mom and dad are coming out to play!!

4 comments:

jon♥kara said...

I can't thank you guys enough for letting Jon crash with you ALL Valentines weekend. I just got him from the airport and he can't stop talking about how much he loved it. We would love to join you out there in the Fall. Hopefully we will get some good news in a week or so. Thanks again!

kristenita said...

can you believe that was us TWO years ago? interviewing, etc? crazy how time flies... good luck to your friend jon - looks like you guys had fun (and yes, it looks like you got plenty to drink!! hee hee)

Langdon & Heather said...

Hey! How have you been doing? We miss you tons! Isn't dental school almost over yet so you can move back?!! J/J!

Dick&Erica said...

I don't think anyone celebrated Valentine's Day this year. Kind of sad how dental school does that to you.

At least you got to hang out with fun friends. We just got to hang out with our sick kids. Boring!

Followers