2.05.2008

Surviving the cold!

During the winter in Buffalo, it is easy to stay inside all day, but it is so nice to have great friends so we can get together often and make it through these long months!
Last Thursday, first Kristen and I began our night and went to a little meal planning class with our ward. It was informative and I came away with great ideas to better plan and organize our yummy meals.

Then it was off to girls night. It was spa night. Christy, a massage therapist spoiled us that night. We learned some tips on how to give a massage, and we were pampered with an easy homemade and Oh, so nice sugar scrub on our feet and hands. And like always the company and chatting was enjoyable, I am so grateful for great friends out here.

(sorry this picture was taken without warning, Rachel is on the table, and we each had a chance to get a little massage from Christy!!)

Friday night after work, I met John at the school for the dental school talent show, John unfortunately did not participate, maybe next year he will. We enjoyed the many talents of the students. It was even more enjoyable because we got in free, I made some cookies(refreshments for after the show) and we got free tickets!

We had a great fast Sunday, several testimonies were shared of our lovely Prophet and his life that will forever be remembered. That afternoon was the superbowl in wonderful Arizona!

I must say it was a pretty good game or least the 4th quarter was entertaining. We had a few people over for the game. All our buddies from Arizona, The Smiths, the Lindman's, The Ashworth's, and Josh W! We had lots of yummy food, including a new brownie banana split pizza I made!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

oh my gosh... what is that brownie thing? I could probably die that look sso good!

Tiffany said...

Wow, Sarah! That brownie banana split pizza looks amazing! You should post the recipe/directions!!!

kristenita said...

sorry we missed your SB party!!! I was at mike g's farewell party forever & we already had SB plans. :( sorry. that brownie pizza looks awesome (pampered chef??).

p.s. I stole that OH SO FLATTERING picture from girls night for my bloggy... (what am I doing? chewing on my lip? ew.) I really need to start bringing my camera places.

Followers