3.07.2007

Remembering Slider


I will tell you a little about Slider. She was born september 3rd, a long time ago, and died March 6th 2007. I remember talking my mom into letting us have this dog, she wasn't too excited. But we finally got this dog. SHe was a lhasa apso. My sister and I were so excited, we spent the first three nights we had her out in the hallway, having a sleepover with the dog. My dad named her Slider, because it was his favorite pitch in baseball, she was a girl, and he has two daughters and a wife so we let him choose the name. During her long life, we took her to obedience lessons in the park, had dog birthday parties for her, took her swimming, camping, gave her baths. Dressing her up in doogie jackets, and clothes, teaching her how to sit shake, dance, and lay. One year, our family vacation was cancelled due to her few thousand dollar speciality eye surgery. As her life went on I watched her get ran over by a car, and rushing her into the doggie ER, watch her get weak(arthritis), have heart problems, and have seizures. Eventually her suffering was too great, not being able to go up or down stairs, and struggling to even lay down, so my parents sadly took to her the vet yesterday to say goodbye. We will always remember slider. Love you!!

On a more happy note. John's new favorite addiction, it is a website called steep and cheap. Although he has bought a few things, most where for me, one a nice red nixon watch.($25 originally like 80) I love it and wear it often.

Another is a black special blend sweatshirt, it was getting bad, with it being freezing here I only had two sweatshirts and they were really old, so I love that also.

John also bought three ski googles, he needed a pair, and the others he plans on selling on ebay for a profit. Lets cross our fingers. The website has some great deals, but no more we have decided, it can be quite addicting, and we end up buying all this random stuff!!

Just because. . . . John brought me home a newly shined and polished silver tooth, that he waxed up at school. May not sound too exciting but it is. And it was added to my keychain that I will always have to remind me of my wonderful husband in dental school.


Also I have gotten a few things. I have been wanting some tall candle holders and saw some at walmart on clearance so I bought them. I love em, they look great with our decor downstairs, and the candles smell so good.

Also I bought some beautiful bright gerber daisies to go in my vase, it really makes me want spring now, but I will have to just look at them, while it remains -10 with windchill outside!!



Tonight I am off to enrichment, we are learning and doing some Family Home Evening activities and crafts. Fun, Fun with the girls. I am looking forward to Friday, John and I are going on a date to the temple, and I am looking forward to it. Tomorrow I have another fun day at work, I must say it has been nice with these last two days off, but back to real life!!!

4 comments:

kristenita said...

I'm sorry about your dog!! :(

aaron is also addicted to steep and cheap. between that and ebay he has purchased three pairs of skis (long story), 2 pairs of ski bindings... a helmet... plus he calls everyday asking if he can buy something else! what! boys.

steph said...

oh so sad about slider!! dogs really do become a part of the family!!
haha...dave is also extremely addicted to steep and cheap. it's a little scary for me everyday when he comes home to find out if he bought another thing that we really don't need. haha. us wives need to do something about this...

Dick&Erica said...

Is there a way to ban steep and cheap from our computers? If I see another charge to Backcountry.com on our bank statement, I might scream.
The tooth on a keychain was a good idea. Richard gave me mine on a necklace for Valentine's Day. I'm reluctant to wear it, except it kind of looks like a shamrock, so maybe people won't realize it's a tooth.

Unknown said...

looks like you two are having way too much fun back there in buffalo..i like the keychain! We are so excited to see you guys in a few weeks. We need to plan something fun!

Followers