11.25.2006

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I can't believe thanksgiving has come and gone. Time is flying by and so did this wonderful day! John began the day by playing in the Turkey Bowl, with guys from the ward and school, he came home a muddy mess but had fun! I began by running my own turkey trot, I did not run in the "real" turkey trot in Buffalo but instead i went to the gym and ran a few miles. I came home and turned on Christmas music!!! I know thanksgiving was not even over and I could not help it. While I was in the Kitchen Baking i enjoyed the sound of christmas carols. This was John and I's first thanksgiving as Husband and wife, and it was fun.

We went over to our friends Missy and Gary Couser along with 9 other people and enjoyed a wonderful dinner. John and I were in charge of bringing an Apple pie, the green bean casserole and the dinner ware. The apple pie turned out great, it was so pretty and I have to give props to John because he did most of it.

The green bean casserole was not the greatest, I tried a new recipe and probably wont use it again, but o well, people still enjoyed it, and I even got a few compliments, but I did not care for it. Here's a beautiful pic, well not so beautiful!

Everybody had a great day, enjoying the turkey and all other sides, and the company was very nice. It made it nice to have people to spend thanksgiving with since family was so far. John and I also spent time discussing some traditions we would like to have within our family and as it grows to do with our kids. We made a list of things we were grateful for and discussed them. We also rented Nacho Libre and watched it on Thanksgiving night! It was a funny but okay movie! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!!!
Oh yeah, here is a little pic of the lovely tables, not so Martha Stewart like last year, kinda sad but o well. Thanks to party city, we were able to enjoy dinner on nice turkey plates!!

PS- I am so glad John'smouth felt better today. For the past 4 days he has only eaten, cream of wheat, vitamix smoothies and protein shakes, soups etc. He really tore up his mouth when taking impressions at school, and the inner lining in his mouth was red and raw. OUCH! But THANKFULLY he was able to eat today and enjoy all the food at Thanksgving dinner!!!!

No comments:

Followers