Our baby girl arrived on Friday night, it was a beautiful healthy delivery and we are all doing well.
I went in early Friday afternoon because I was having severe abdominal cramping, I did not know what the heck was going on. After arriving at the hospital, my cramping stopped, but my contractions continued. Our little baby decided to give us a little scare and her heart rate dropped for about 7 minutes. Luckily she recovered well and we did not need any interventions. I was having contractions every 2 minutes, however they were not very strong, and I was not dilating. But were not letting me leave the hospital pregnant. So. . . we just kinda hung out hoping that my contractions would become stronger, and I would dilate and have this baby on my own. John and I walked the halls, and I even got to enjoy a few shows on food network before the fun began. At about 5:30pm my contractions began to become stronger, this is what I wanted... right. Yes of course. The nurse checked me, only 3 cm dilated, what the heck! I was still doing OK, as they became stronger, I had to turn the TV off, and breath through them and start to focus and relax. John and I did a few laps in the halls- that was a quick walk, because with each contraction, I had to stop and hold on to John. I began to sweat, and feel "out of it." I knew then that it was time. We went back to our room, and I told John to call the nurse in. She came in and checked me, Yup! I was ready to push with a bulging bag. However, no midwife yet, we quickly called her in. She broke my water and out came flying our beautiful baby girl!! We are so glad that everything went smoothly. We are glad baby is healthy and well.
14 comments:
I love her! Olive. It is so cute! Good job Sarah!
Congrats!! I love how Jude is looking at her in the family picture. Can't wait to meet her when she's not hooked up! :)
Congrats! She sure is beautiful & I love her name! You look great!
Congratulations!!! She is beautiful! Girls are so much fun! Can't wait to see more pictures!
So very happy for you all! Congratulations!
congrats she is beautiful!
I could already see that she looks like your side of the family! Darling! And I'm glad you're doing well.
Congrats John and Sarah! Love her name!! And love the adorable picture of Jude holding her and smiling down at her. Makes me want to give Madden a little sibling soon... :)
So happy for you guys! Congratulations! :)
Sarah, you are amazing to do that all drug-free. Go mama!! I'm so glad you went into labor this time earlier & had a smaller bebe.
She is so adorable- looks like a mini jude! His smile looking at his new sister is so sweet.
Olive! I love it!!! Enjoy your sweetie- and rest up. Love you- xoxo.
CONGRATS!! I LOVE the name Olive, that is TOO adorable! Looks like Olive and Samantha decided to come on the same day. :) The 10th is a wonderful birthday! Glad everything went well. She's beautiful!
Oh I love the name Olive! Congrats Sarah!! She is just beautiful:)
jude and olive. perfect! congrats to you guys!!! we sure miss you and wish we were closer to have jude over to play!
Congratulations!!! Love the pictures of Jude holding Olive!!! So precious!
Congratulations you guys!! She is so beautiful. She looks so much like you Sarah (hence why she is so beautiful:) And what a perfect size too. You deserve that after Jude for sure! Hope you are doing well. Keep the pictures coming!
Post a Comment