I hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend. We really enjoyed our time we were able to spend as a family.
First of all I have to tell of this SWEET deal. Over the summer we purchased a used kelty kids carrier backpack from craigslist. We used it for our backpacking trip and it was great. There was a hinge/pole that was lose and broken. It was covered under warrenty so we sent it in, expecting to receive the same backpack once fixed. Well, we just received the backpack back, and it is NOT our backpack. No, they gave us a brand new top of the line carrier. This thing is sweet. So we bought a carrier for $45 (already a really good deal), and we recive a brand new $230 backback. We love kelty!!! Here is John and Jude trying it out!!

Anyway, back to the weekend, we spent the afternoon on Saturday at the National Buffalo wing festival. We saw several of our friends while there. There were TONS of wings, and some festivities like the wing eating contest but we missed it!
Here is Jude munching on John's ear while riding his shoulders at the wing festival.
Family Pic

On Monday, I ran the 15K run into buffalo. I ran this race a few years back. This time around I did not train as much as I needed too, and was not looking forward to it. I was lucky enough to run it with a few girls from the ward and it ended up being a nice run!
Here I come running to the finish line!
Check out my breathing skills.
Crescent, Me, Caroline, and Katie. Great job girls!
After the race with my boys.
Here are the husbands and kids who came to support their wives.
On the way home from the race, Jude loved to chew on my apple.
That night John and I had a little date night and watched 17 again while enjoying ice cold root beer and sparkling Italian lemon beverage! It might have been a little easier for me to watch the movie than John thanks to Zac Efron.
Today I go to the Doctor for Jude, so I will let you know his stats.
And I will leave you with these:

3 comments:
Don't you just love the wing fest? A couple years ago I tried out the atomic wings!!
That's awesome that you ran a 15K! You go girl!! I've been doing a bit of running and I'm looking for a good fall 5K to run. Do you have any suggestions?
I love the pictures of Jude fishing in the toilet! Typical boy right? How funny. I'm so glad you ran the race...we all need to do the half marathon in the spring for sure!
Good job on your 15K! That's awesome! My half marathon is this weekend and I am getting butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it...
BTW, love the Zac Efron pic...I made Randy watch that movie with me last weekend and although I have never been a Zac Efron fan, I must admit I had a little crush on him in that movie... ;)
Post a Comment