Anyway tonight John and I did a little Tuesday night FHE! We started out by watching Joy to the World. What a great movie, I think everyone should have a copy, I remember seeing that movie each year at the temple Christmas lights. Then off we were to pick us out a Christmas Tree. We successfully picked one out at Lowe's. It definately felt like Christmas time, with the snow falling, our nose's red and cold, and the scent of fresh Christmas trees. We ended the night with a yummy treat from Starbucks.
12.04.2007
REAL Christmas Tree People
I think it is hilarious that there is a difference, some people are so set on having a fake tree and others a real tree, well a fake one is probably easier and cheaper but. . . there is just something about having a real tree that gets me so excited!
Anyway tonight John and I did a little Tuesday night FHE! We started out by watching Joy to the World. What a great movie, I think everyone should have a copy, I remember seeing that movie each year at the temple Christmas lights. Then off we were to pick us out a Christmas Tree. We successfully picked one out at Lowe's. It definately felt like Christmas time, with the snow falling, our nose's red and cold, and the scent of fresh Christmas trees. We ended the night with a yummy treat from Starbucks.
I know they are more expensive then the local Tim Horten's but OH, so much better. We sipped on some peppermint Hot Chocolate and Caramel Apple Spice. So good, it sure did warm us up! Now the tree is up, and its time to decorate it!!
Anyway tonight John and I did a little Tuesday night FHE! We started out by watching Joy to the World. What a great movie, I think everyone should have a copy, I remember seeing that movie each year at the temple Christmas lights. Then off we were to pick us out a Christmas Tree. We successfully picked one out at Lowe's. It definately felt like Christmas time, with the snow falling, our nose's red and cold, and the scent of fresh Christmas trees. We ended the night with a yummy treat from Starbucks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Im with ya on the real tree. Im a total anti when it comes to trees that are "pre-lit" and plastic. (who comes up with this stuff anyway??) Real trees are where its at!
I'm in the middle road - a lover of both kinds of trees. Our dog would pee on the real tree, but then the fake tree would always look 'ghetto'. So, I don't know where I stand.. :)
I always thought having a fake tree was the more eco-friendly option, but I was sorely mistaken. Real trees are made out of things that come from the ground, and fake trees are not. Real trees will become compost and fertilizers, fake ones must accept their fate of an eternity at the landfill. Just a thought! Happy Christmas!
Yo John and Sarah, this is Jonbarnes. Wow, I'm stoked to see that you have a blog. My wife has turned into quite the blogger and I hop on sometimes to see what's going on. Does that make me gay if I log on to the blog every now and then? Seems more like a mormon-wife kind of thing. Well anyways, glad you guys are doing well up in Buffalo, save a spot for me up there, well my DAT was no 20 so I may have to retake that thing again. Drink lots of Hot chocolate from starbucks and I support the real tree. We just put up our real tree, it scrapes our 9' ceiling, nothin like a wiff tree of pine when you open the door.
Post a Comment