12.02.2007

The countdown begins!

Happy December to all! WOW, I can't believe it is December already, for some it may be a great thing, a time to relax and enjoy the season and for others it may be a reminder of how much there is still to do and not enough time to do it. I love this time of year, (except the dramatic drop in temperature) Christmas lights, Christmas music and knowing it is the season of Christ's birth.
Saturday we started off the first day of December with the 2nd annual Christmas party at Dick and Erica's house. All of our friends, great food, chatting and the anticipated white elephant gift exchange! We all had so much fun, and as always the gifts were great!
A few of our great friends posing for the camera.
John and Glen fighting over a favorite! A playdough dentist fill and drill kit, missing the playdough of course!
John showing off his sac-religious Christ picture found at a quality Buffalo thrift store.
Tis the season!

Paula Deans Pumpkin Gingerbread Trifle was enjoyed by all at the Party along with many other yummy treats! Sorry it's an aftershot.
After the party, John and I and friends Christy and Glen decided there was still more to do. So. . . we went over to the Ashworth's home and crafted, talked, ate pomegranate seeds and watched ELF. You do not want to know what time we left, but on our way out, we noticed the huge layer of white snow over everything, as I was walking to the car in my three inch black heels, I took a big hit, yep right on the BUM! Good thing I have some extra padding, otherwise I might have gotten hurt. I guess its time to pull our the snow boots. We made it safely home, with a few donuts along the way(and not dunkin') and to bed.
Sunday morning we woke up to an even bigger layer of snow, in which John was out early shoveling our walkway and car. We are just thankful we don't have a huge driveway to have to plow each day!
Oh, the joy! I keep reminding myself that in less than two weeks I will be in AZ, a time to defrost.
John and I with our large snow coats on, ready to embrace the cold air of buffalo.
After church John came home and said he was cutting his hair, he was so sick of it, and he could not take it any longer! I think he looks better and so much younger with short hair!
John with his long hair!

Gone! Post hair cut in the Tub, John looks like a new man!!
Now I better go, since it is the 2nd of December and its time to go down and eat the chocolate that awaits me in our advent calendar!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

we love the new haircut John..can't wait to see you guys for the holidays..

RegaNater said...

Aw, I liked the long hair, but the short is good too!

Melissa said...

yes, the short haircut is much better! :)

Followers