1.04.2010

Getaway to Puerto Rico


Early in December we sent Jude home with Grandma to Arizona, and John and I made a quick escape to Puerto Rico. John happened to have an interview for a residency down there, so we made a vacation out of it. Well, he was not too impressed with the program but we loved our time there. We made the most of our time by enjoying many beautiful sites, while relaxing and enjoying husband and wife time without our little boy. After a little hold up with our lost luggage and living in the same clothes for a day, the vacation went smoothly. We enjoyed a night kayaking tour through the bioluminescent bays. It was amazing.

We also were able to spend a day scuba diving. It was beautiful, we saw eels, fish, a barracuda, and beautiful coral.



We spent a day in the El Yunque rain forest enjoying beautiful views.




We wrapped up the vacation by taking a small airplane to a remote island Cuelbra and spent the day on the most beautiful beach ever. (it is the 2nd most beautiful in the world). We enjoyed swimming and doing some snorkeling and sipping on a little tropical drink.


Thanks babe for talking me into going and leaving our child. It was hard to leave him, but we had such as great time. Straight from PR John continued the semester of school while I went to AZ and met up with Jude and stayed for almost 4 weeks over the holidays.
That post coming soon.

4 comments:

kristenita said...

Wow!! What an awesome trip & that beach looks amazing. Especially since it's been snowing for 7 days straight.... Welcome back!

Peterson Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
alissa peterson said...

Oooh, I am SO jealous, that looks like a FABULOUS vacation!

I am LOVING the family pictures, ESPECIALLY the one with Jude hanging upside down, that is SO AWESOME! How creative... I LOVE it! And so true with the life of boys... hehe

I had so much fun visiting you and Jess over Christmas break!!

Cassie Forsgren said...

Hey girl! I cant believe your baby is one already! He is so adorable!!! Looks like you guys are having so much fun!

Followers