So on our drive home from Utah, we stopped into Flagstaff for some quick lunch before heading back into Phoenix. . . or so we thought. While enjoying lunch my dad was talking to this lady that had gone to one of the Cardinals training practices there in Flagstaff, she also mentioned that there was another one that afternoon. We enjoyed the rest of our lunch, and my dad and john tried talking us into spending the afternoon in Flagstaff to watch the practice instead of getting home earlier. Reluctantly we agreed. But after the experience, we were glad we did.
Yes, we were that close. My dad and his wheelchair have some definite perks. They brought us right up to the field line, and not only that but right in front of where Larry Fitzgerald, Anquan Boldin were playing. We also were able to see Matt Lienart and Kurt Warner practicing.
We got a little football for Jude and after the practice he got 3 autographs!! I have to remind John that this is for Jude.
We got a little football for Jude and after the practice he got 3 autographs!! I have to remind John that this is for Jude.
Well, we finally made it home. It felt so good to be home in Arizona and just relax a little. Nothing was really planned. I was able to get a massage. We hung out with friends a lot, went swimming, and enjoying a few of our favorite restaurants.
Here is Jude with his friends. No he is not the oldest, but he looks like a GIANT. The girl to his right is 6 weeks older, and the girl to his left is 1 week younger. The other boy is 3 months old. Jude is enormous. I did not realize what a large child I have until I saw this picture.
We were are doing the 4 stack at John's mothers house!
And for an early birthday present from Jude and myself to John we surprised John with this handgun that he has been wanting for years. It is a sub compact Springfield Armory Xd. He went shooting twice when we were there.

We had a fabulous time on our numerous vacations, but are glad to be home in Buffalo. Jude missed his own toys and own bed.
2 comments:
Loved catching up on all your posts of your fun summer adventures. I was sad to read about your dad's diagnosis...I had no idea. I just love your parents to death and really enjoyed the time I got to know them while they served in the Pioneer Ward. Send them my love and well wishes...:)
This is one of my favorite pictures of Jude--He is just beaming! Grandma
Post a Comment