9.09.2007

"FREE" Time with John

Well, I was lucky enough to have the weekend off, and in between John going to the lab and prepping/constructing different teeth and projects and studying at home we were able to squeeze in a little fun!
Friday we just hung out at the house after I got home from work, and tried to watch an office episode to help us get ready for the upcoming season!! In which we are very excited about.
On Saturday John spent most of the day at the lab. I had the day off, so I walked down to a nearby farmers market to check it out. I love how out here there is so much locally grown produce, it's so amazing and a lot better tasting too!! I did a few things around the house, and went into school and hung out with John a little. There were a few wifes/girlfriends there, everyone was calling it bring your wife to school day! Saturday night was the ward BBQ, John and I went there and enjoyed talking to our great friends, and enjoying the beautiful weather at a local park. After the BBQ, we went up to North campus. There was a fall fest going on featuring multiple bands, one being All American Rejects! We had heard it was free to all UB students, so we went and checked it out, it had started at 4pm, and by this time it was 9pm already but if it was free, we had to check it out! So we did. And it was great. We got in fine, they did not even check UB student cards (maybe because we were late?) But we walked into the arena, down on the floor, and up next was All American Rejects. Perfect timing, that is who we wanted to see anyway! We managed to squeeze our way through the crowd of college students, and up pretty close to the front. We were so close. All American Rejects put on a great show. We had so so much fun together. They sang all my favorite songs. John kept wanting me to go crowd surfing but I said No Way!!( we saw a few people fall) We were so glad we went to check it out, we ended up seeing an awesome FREE show!! At the end of the night, we were so sweaty, and our ears were ringing, but we had a blast!!
John getting excited for the concert!
John and I patiently waiting for All American Rejects to come out!
A few pics from the show!

An after shot! All tired and sweaty but we enjoyed the show!
Next weekend my mother and grandma come out to Buffalo for a few days, we are anxious to have them here!!!

5 comments:

RegaNater said...

Cool, I can't seem to remember off the top of my head the songs they sing, but I know the name. I love stuff like that!

steph said...

i'm so jealous and sad i didn't know about the free concert. i love all american rejects. oh well...crew probably wouldn't have loved the noise. haha. looks like you guys had a great time!

Unknown said...

Looks like fun! It was so good to talk with you two for a little bit yesterday. We miss you! We are going to plan a trip out to see you guys soon.

kandis said...

how fun!! i swear we never hear about fun, cool, FREE stuff like that! Glad you guys made it in time for All American Rejects & glad you had a good time!

Langdon & Heather said...

I'll bet the weather there is perfect right now for an outdoor concert! We'll be there soon enough....I think that we've made it through the worst heat-not too long until beautiful fall afternoons and cool nights!!! We miss you guys and can't wait to see you when you next come...was it October? Yay!!!

Followers