6.10.2007

Life after vacation!

Back to Reality! I guess our vacation is over and its back to work and school. The trip was so nice and very needed to realx and enjoy time without the stresses of life out here,but now we are back! I have been very busy with work!!
Here is the hospital!!
Women's and Childre's Hospital of Buffalo
I have to catch up since I had six days off. I have been in charge a few days, meaning I was charge nurse, I make the assignments, am in charge of admissions and discharges, did staffing, and a few other responsibilities. I am feeling more and more comfortable at work, and enjoy it!! The census has been super low, we even closed our floor for a few days, I worked on the 10th floor instead, but now it is up and running again. It's good to know that maybe kids were not getting sick. When not at work, I have plenty to do to keep busy here in Buffalo! Here are few updates of our past week!!



First, of all. Car News! You may wonder why there is a police car and a tow truck picture. Let's just say we were involved with both of those late last Thursday night! The maxima has had its check engine light on for awhile, but being sneaky, or just flat out dumb, I just kinda ignored it. Driving home from work last week, the brake light, the gas light, and the ABS light, or just about every light possible on the dash was on! Kinda scary, I was thinking the car was going to blow up or something. Anyway, to make a long story short. The next day, I thought I could run to the store real quick to get some groceries. Well, after loading the groceries in my trunk, being like 80 degrees, and humid out, I was anxious to get in the car and home. Well, not so fast. The maxima was dead. All by myself, John in school, and groceries in trunk. What do I do?? Good thing I have great friends here. Erica came and rescued me and my groceries! Thanks so much. Now the Maxima is stuck in the parking lot. Later that night, like 945pm, John and I go see what the deal is?! We jump it, and what!! It starts, exciting, Right!! So, off we go back to our house. The smart girl that I am, I have John in the maxima and I am in the civic!! The maxima turns out on the main road, makes it a few hundred feet, then dies( at least john pulled into a lot), so we jumped it again, just hoping that it would make it home! Well, around another corner and it died, so one more time, we jump it, it starts, and again on a main road and it dies!! This time on the road!! So, flashers are on, its 10:30 at night, I am so frustrated!! Good thing a cop passes us, turns around, and helps us. We tell him the situation, and we try to start it once more, this time it won't even start!! So the police man calls a towing company and away goes the maxima!! Sorry, I did not get a picture of us, the police car, and the tow truck! But I am sure you can just picture it!! Well, here we are sharing the civic, a $135 towing bill, plus waiting for the maxima to get fixed!! WOW!!
Would it be so bad, to buy brand new cars, that don't brake down on you??!!

Second, I have another Blog! I am a part of a new dental wives food blog! Myself, along with several other wives out here in buffalo with our husbands in dental school put together a blog where we can share recipes! (Thanks Kristen!) We always get together and have food, so this gives us a chance to share our recipes. It's so fun! Take a look, and all the recieps are delicious!! It's called SweetTeeth!!

Third, Baby shower and Texas Roadhouse
A lady from our ward, and fellow wife of a dental student is having her third baby, her first boy, so the ward through her a surprise shower!! She was surprised, and in labor too!! She had been having contractions all day, and they were getting worse, we made it short and sweet, and let her go!! She ended up having the baby the next day!! Congrats Katie!!

After her shower, John and I met up with friends, Erica and Dick (Ella), Dave and Briste and Kristen for some yummy Texas Roadhouse.

Like always, yummy!! My new goal is to try more restaurants that are not your typical chains, like Texas Roadhouse, but the restaurants that are unique to Buffalo!! We'll see how that goes?

Fourth, the Diaper Cake. My friend Rachel is having a baby boy!! So a great reason for us girls to get together, Right?! Unfortunately, I had to work last Saturday when all the grils gathered together for a yummy pancake breakfast shower!! I am sure it was fun, and since I was not able to join the crowd, I made a fun diaper cake, that looks cute and is so practical!! Pull off a diaper and use!! I am so excited for another baby in the group!!


Fourth, Battle of the Sexes night!!
A night of guys vs. girls could be dangerous!! But all were in good spirits, for the most part, and all couples left together, happily!?! Anyway, we gathered over at Erica and Dicks for some yummy food and desserts, and a game of battle of the sexes. I had never played before, but it pretty much was a series of boy questions for the girls, and girl questions for the guys!! We had tons of laughing and eating! When in doubt the boys would always resort to "feminine products" as their final answer. It was great fun to see what the guys knew about clothes, shoes, make up, curtains, bras, and desparate housewives!! Unfortately, the guys pulled ahead with the W, but it was a great game!!
The game board!!
The guys celebrating!! Sure looking like champions??
All the girls! Yes, I came straight from work, I do not wear scrubs for fun!
Representing our Loser status after the game!! I guess the guys need to win at something. . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how did you get such a great picture of the tow truck and police car! Update me on the car situation.

steph said...

wow...cars are so frustrating. if it's not one it's the other, right? hopefully it's not to expensive to fix. just think, someday we'll have cars that are under warranty!! haha

Followers